Friday, December 10, 2010

The Other Side of Leaving

Fifteen minutes ago I dropped her off (the first born, the Independent Spirit) at a bright and shiny University a couple hours from home where they would teach her a thing or two or three.
Fifteen minutes ago I had no idea how I was going to get along without her.
Fifteen minutes ago I said I wouldn't cry (but I did anyway.)
Fifteen minutes ago I imagined she'd be away forever.
And fifteen minutes ago I fell into a time machine. It morphed minutes into days and days into years - 3 and 1/2 of them to be exact.
Now it seems I'm on the other side of the leaving. The first born, the Independent Spirit is coming home again. To stay. Graduating early. She's bright and shiny, too.
Sound the bells.
Alert the media.
Batten down the hatches.
As the saying goes..."she's baaaaackkk."
What goes around really does come around.
In fifteen minutes - give or take.

1 comment: